It’s time to heat up the smoker and your taste buds. This brisket is a taste as big as Texas!
Start this one early. The brisket will take about 1 ½ hours in the smoker per 1 pound of meat. We promise it will be well worth the wait!
Prep: 20-45 Minutes
Cook: 9 hours
Servings: 4 to 6
6 pounds beef brisket
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup paprika
2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
1/4 cup black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the smoker to 194 to 205 degrees
- Trim the fat cap on the brisket to about 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch. Coat the brisket with a light coating of the yellow mustard.
- Mix the sugar and spices together to form the dry rub. Spread the rub on both sides of the meat.
- Place the brisket in the smoker and cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 185 to 195 degrees F. This will take about 1 1/2 hours per pound.
- Remove the brisket from the smoker once it reaches this internal temp and let cool for 30 minutes.