This simple burger recipe may be simple, but it's a BBQ staple. In this recipe, we added some bacon bits to the burger for a little flavor and encourage you to get creative with your toppings!
We personally like to top these burgers with pickles, swiss cheese, more bacon, BBQ sauce AND carmelized onions.
Servings: 4 burgers
Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1.5 lbs ground beef use 80/20
- 1/2 finely diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves very finely minced
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 slices of diced bacon
- 4 brioche buns
- Heat grill to medium high head
- Mix beef onion, garlic, bbq sauce, salt, pepper and bacon together and fold ingredients into meat. Make sure not to overwork meat.
- Shape meat into 4 equal sized patties, using your thumb to make an indent in the center of each patty.
- Put patties on grill and grill for 2-4 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. If adding cheese, lay slices of cheese over the burgers in the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve on a brioche bun with desired toppings!