Kebabs are what you make of them. You can mix and match any number of meats, veggies, or fruits. The world is your oyster. That is, if you can fit it all on the skewer. Here's our favorite chicken kebab recipe, and the secret is in the spices. Get crackin'.
Cook time: 30 minutes. Recipe makes about 6 kebabs.
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Red onion, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (We like Stubb's or Sweet Baby Ray's, but it's up to you)
- Minced fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Combine rub spices in a small bowl and toss to combine
- Massage chicken pieces with 2/3 of spice mixture and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Really get in there!
- In another mixing bowl, toss the bell pepper, pineapple, and red onion with the remaining spice mixture
- Skewer the chicken, pineapple, pepper, and red onion. Set aside and get ready to grill!
Now, the Grilling
- Heat grill to Medium-high heat. Grill kebabs for 8-11 minutes, turning every couple of minutes until cooked through and lightly charges. Baste with BBQ sauce and cook for another minute on each side to caramelize
- Once cooked, sprinkle with parsley and serve with MORE BBQ sauce!