Bring on the heat! These Baby Back Ribs with Spicy BBQ Sauce are sure to add some fire to your backyard BBQ.
Serve with cold beer, turn on the game & be ready for some SPICE.
- 3 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Spicy BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup of minced Onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey or agave
- 3 tablespoons of your choice in hot sauce (add more for more heat!)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat your grill to 250 degrees F. Remove membrane from the back of the ribs by lifting the end with a dry butter knife, then gripping it with a paper towel and lifting. Rinse the ribs in cold water and dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together cumin, chili powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Spread the dry rub around all surfaces of the ribs.
- Put the Ribs on the grill, put the lid down, and let cook for 2-3 hours.
- While the ribs are cooking, start making the spicy sauce. Grab a saucepan and sautee the onions and garlic with olive oil until onions are translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in the rest of the sauce ingredients. Add more hot sauce for more spice!
- Once the meat has pulled back from the bones, cover with spicy sauce and continue cooking, covered, for about 15 minutes to allow the sauce to stick to the meat.
- Remove ribs from the grill, slice and serve with more spicy sauce!